Friday, October 16, 2015

Poverty Exhibit Process Post #4

Hey again!

So, after getting split up into three different teams before fall break, my group spent a lot of time trying to nail down a solid concept. We landed on the idea incorporating something similar to the game of Life throughout the exhibit. So here's how the exhibit works:


  • people walk in and enter the first content area, which is "What does it mean to Live in Poverty?"
    • in this content area, they take either 10, 20, or 30 pieces of paper- this paper acts as their currency throughout the exhibit
  • After moving on from that first content area, people move to the next one. But in between the 1st content area and the 2nd, you are forced to make a quick decision such as paying for gas or rent for each month. So depending on what you pick, you have to give up 8 pieces of your paper for whatever choice you make
  • After that, you move into the second content area which is "Hard Choices people in Poverty have to Make"
  • This pattern of making a quick decision and then entering a content area is carried throughout the rest of the exhibit. 
For next class, I decided to sketch out the overall flow of the exhibit  because we didn't do that before we left as a group on Monday. So here is the rough sketch I came up with to make sense of everything our group talked about:

I also decided to briefly brainstorm a few ideas for what would go into each content area, and here's what I came up with:
I thought maybe splitting up each content area in to three panels would be helpful. So here I used the two side panels as photos and the back center panel as info and content. 


Even though we didn't end up using this stuff design wise, my group did end up using my idea of the three panels throughout all the content areas. 

So before we all split up over the weekend, we assigned tasks to each other. My task was to go to the library before break and take pictures. So I went and set it all up appropriately to photoshop in our designs. Here are the original photos:


Then after all the designs were done and sent to me, I photoshopped everything in: 




Our group met up after fall break and put together our presentation. Here are a few screenshots of that:








No comments:

Post a Comment