Sunday, April 6, 2014

Book Layouts

Here I am, sipping on coffee and browsing Pinterest.

Just a normal sunday afternoon. I'm getting super excited for our next project. I will be designing a book! HOW COOL DOES THAT SOUND? By mid May, I'll have a book that I designed MYSELF. WOAHHHHHHH.

Anyways, I found some great book layout ideas on pinterest, and I want to share them with you all.

I really love the overall look of these layouts. The diamond theme here is
really interesting and engaging, as a viewer.  I love the way the diamond is
continued from page to page. It gives the book unity and balance. I'm also a big
fan of the color scheme used here. 

I love this color scheme a lot as well, but what I love most about this layout is
the color overlay on the pictures. It makes the pictures a little more
interesting, and all the of colors used create a sense of harmony. 











































I'm so excited to start on this project. I think I will really enjoy it. Also, I almost forgot to mention, there is no process book for the project! I have a love/hate relationship with process books. I have fun designing them. Sometimes I spend too much time thinking about what I would like to do with the process book, but I can't seem to help it! It will be nice not having to worry about another component to the project though. I can put all of my energy into the book itself. 

I will keep you all updated. So STAY TUNED.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment