Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Painted Elephant

Hello!

Remember when I said I've had some small design opportunities here and there? A good friend of mine, who I know through my older sister, is a graphic designer, and he has been sending me small job/freelance opportunities. His is Jared Dunn, and his work is incredible. Absolutely incredible. I've been so lucky to work alongside him!

Over the past month or two, Jared and I collaborated on a logo project. The objective of this project was to create a logo targeted towards 20-40 year old athletes who have an interest in yoga. The logo was to produce a sense of community and togetherness.

For about 3 or 4 weeks, Jared and I sent work back and forth. The client was, to say the least, very exact and almost stubborn about what she wanted. There were definitely a few moments of frustration with the client because Jared and I just weren't completely sure what she was looking for.

But, everything ended up working out great. Jared refined and cleaned up the final design. Here it is:




















We felt that a more abstract elephant figure would be appropriate. This logo has two subtle
meanings. First, the elephant ties in with the name of the studio. Secondly, the infinity symbol is easily recognizable, signifying that yoga is something you could do forever. The benefits of yoga are limitless (personally, emotionally, physically, mentally) Since the infinity symbol is forever   connected, it represents the sense of community and togetherness that the Painted Elephant Yogo Studio brings.

It was Jared's idea to use the infinity symbol (which was genius), and I messed around with it to make it look a little less symmetrical, more organic. Jared messed with the type, and I did the pattern on the elephant.

Although I do like the logo, Jared and I had some really awesome ideas that the client shot down. If I were the client, I would've wanted a few of the other options, but hey, if that client is happy in the end that's all that matters.

It was such a good opportunity to experience working with a client and watching how Jared interacted with the client. I definitely wouldn't have learned all that in a classroom.

I'm beyond thankful for the experience.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Dare to exhaust yourself with all the opportunities this day day offers."

No comments:

Post a Comment