Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Practice Makes Perfect

Hi there!

Yesterday during class, we got to experiment with the band saw a little bit. Surprisingly, it wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. There is an inner wood shopper in me that I never knew existed WHERE HAS WOOD SHOP AMY BEEN ALL OF MY LIFE? I experimented with some straight and curvy lines. Here are some of my experiments:

The puzzle piece....




















The puzzle piece again because I was excited....




















And my straight edge block!
First off, I know you guys are all like "DANG AMY WHY AREN'T YOU A MODEL?" Don't worry, I'm considering it. 
Anywho after I got to work with the band saw a bit, I was able to visualize how I wanted my box to look. For our homework, we were told to make three prototypes of our box.

This is my favorite one:
You can see the pointe shoes in the box through the dancer leg silhouette. I like this because you don't have to see the entire pair of pointe shoes in the box to understand what they are. It's like I'm allowing viewers to complete the picture on their own. I don't want to give to much away. ~~mYsTeriOuS~~ amiright ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment