Monday, November 25, 2013

Paper Experiments

Greetings!

Thanksgiving break is right around the corner, and I cannot wait any longer for it to be here. I've been waiting way too long. I'm pretty sure that I haven't stopped thinking about it for weeks. It's not that I'm excited to be home, I'm just excited to RELAX. Just a break from school and stress. All of my friends will be back at home too. I haven't seen a lot of them because we haven't been out of school at the same time yet, so I'm pretty pumped. I plan on hugging SO MANY PEOPLE over break. It's gonna be good.

For class tomorrow, our assignment was a little out of the ordinary. We were told to experiment with paper and how light shines through it. We could do almost anything to it: crumple, score, fold, burn, cut, or even wet it. We had to do 25 experimentations. At first, I had trouble doing this because I felt overwhelmed. "THERE'S SO MANY THINGS TO DO. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS. WHERE DO I START? I'M ALREADY RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS. WHAT?" Just my usual freak out before starting homework, you know? Anyways, I ended up with some neato experimentations! Just because I know you guys are dying to see a few examples... here ya go:





























So for this final project (woah that's weird to say), we will be constructing a lantern of some sort. 
We have to keep several things in mind while making the lantern/light: the lightness of light, the immateriality of light and how paper can serve as structure, skin, filter, veil, allowing light to leak out, glow, radiate, shield, etc..
I'm anxious to see how this project turns out. I will keep you all posted!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Happy Early Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment