Saturday, November 23, 2013

Saturday Afternoon Musings

Hello, friends!

Saturdays are the best days. Stress free and relaxed. After a long week, I've waiting to kick back and relax this weekend.
I know what you're thinking, YOU'RE BLOGGING FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS WEEK WOAH. I know, I know. I'm on top of it. Maybe I'm blogging because I feel like it.... but maybe I'm blogging because I have to have 32 posts completed by December 13th? I mean, those are both good reasons.

Anyways, I've been looking at designspiration.net this afternoon, and I've come across two really awesome posters. It's crazy to me that I can look at these posters, knowing absolutely nothing about what they are advertising, and immediately feel drawn to them. That's what good design is about. The viewer wanting to look at the poster because it is well executed. I still don't know what these posters are about, but I can't stop looking at them.
The texture on this is really appealing. The lines inside the letters give the poster
movement and intensity.
I love the feeling of this poster. There is something to be said for how well 
the colors work together. It's calming and soothing to the eye. 
















































































The two posters are almost contrasting in their connotations. I think it's nice to see two designs on separate ends of the spectrum because it just proves that the design world is endless. What was communicated through these two posters is what the designer pictured in their head. It's like we're stepping into the designer's head for a second and visualizing things from their point of view. How cool is that? 

On another note, earlier this week I was just gazing out the window of my dorm and I somehow managed to capture the sky at the perfect time:

























How pretty is the sky? And how pretty is this campus?! The tenth floor of Ellsworth isn't too shabby. It's simple things like this that remind me how lucky I am to be here. I never want to leave. Ever.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We lose ourselves in the things we love, but we also find ourselves there, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment