Sunday, November 3, 2013

Reflections on Reflections on Reflections

Parts of the Letter:

When it comes to typography, there are many terms that give complexity to the alphabet. Deep thought went into each and every letter. It's crazy to think that every single part of a letter has a specific name. I had no idea how much thought went into the creation of fonts. Learning the vocabulary will help me become more comfortable with typography and develop a better understanding of it as well. I never knew typography was so complex. I actually thought that typography was just the art of type; however, now I know that there is much more behind the concept. I plan to use this knowledge of typography to my advantage as I continue to learn and engage in graphic design. I'm sure that I will have many uses for this knowledge in my future. 


Photo OPS:

In my opinion, photographers are people who truly appreciate the life happening around them. In order to be a successful photographer, you must really be able to see. After looking over the reading, I have much more appreciation for photographers. Photographers must have the patience to stop what they're doing and photograph whenever the opportunity is available.
The photography techniques discussed were very interesting to me. Observers react differently to each of the techniques. My personal favorite, from the reading, is continuous mode. These usually turn out to be a very unique series of shots. My eye went directly to these photographs. Continuous Mode is following a moving subject as it circles you and snapping several pictures while it moves around.  Although the Continuous Mode technique stood out to me the most, all of the techniques were interesting to learn about. 

Photography-Steve Edwards:

Edwards discusses photography and its role in our everyday lives. Not only is photography part of our lives, but it is also part of our culture today. Whether we know it or not, photographs have the power to move people. Although photography has the power to move people, sometimes people can really misinterpret what is happening within a photograph. There are times when photography is not a truthful representation of what's happening around the photographer. 
Edwards also talks about the ongoing debate on whether or not photography is considered an art. In my opinion, photography is an art.  Photographers have the ability to capture emotion and passion in one simple photographJust like a painting or a drawing, creative thought goes into photography.
Photography has quite the history, and it is a great skill to have. Edwards did an awesome job of talking about the history of photography to photography today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment