Friday, March 7, 2014

Boxin' it Up

Greetings!

I have officially finished my second project! My box is FINISHED. I can't say that enough. It's DONE. FINISHED. COMPLETED. Feels nice to get that out there! This project seemed to drag on for me. I just wanted to get it done.

Anywaysssssss, I feel fairly good about my box. It came out a lot nicer than I thought it would. It's nowhere near perfect, but it's definitely an accomplishment since I've never done anything like this before. If I could go back and do it again, I have a feeling I would be much more confident and sure of what I'm doing. It was a good experience!

I know y'all are like "WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? YOU SAID YOU'D UPLOAD PICTURES. CAN I SEE IT?" Your wish is my command because.......................

BAM

























Had to include that last pic because I spent some quality time with that box. We're basically BFF's. Aren't we the cutest best friends you've ever seen? I decided I would name her Vivienne. She just looks like a Vivienne, ya know? LOLOL OF COURSE SHE DOES!

Overall, this project has been such a learning experience. I never thought in a million years that I could do something like this. I stick to computers and technology. I'm not much of a hands-on person.  I pushed through the fear of completely screwing up the entire box, and I ended up with something interesting and unique. If there's one thing that I've learned in BDS, it's that you will go through a few days of frustration in every project you do. What makes you better is when and how you push through those frustrations to create something awesome. Coming across problems is not a bad thing, it's a good thing. You learn from these problems, and in the end, you are a more well-rounded designer.

I hope you all have an exquisite (isn't that the coolest word ever?) weekend!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The expert in anything was once a beginner."

No comments:

Post a Comment