Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday Evening Inspirations

Oh hey, it's me again. 

In the midst of stressing over this box project (what's new), I've been browsing the internet tonight out of boredom. Lately I've been feeling super uninspired. I'm not sure if  it's this project we're working on or what, but I've just felt like my mind has been dead design-wise. So I decided to take a break from thinking about school and just surf the web for some things I find appealing.

This poster is so fun. What I love 
most about it is the low-opacity 
rectangles. The variety of colors and sizes
give the poster a sense of liveliness
and energy. 

























This simplicity in this Table of Contents is absolutely
beautiful. The black against the white, and the small text
beneath the numbers gives this page layout a beautifully
simple feeling. It feels clean and organized. My eye
immediately felt a sense of relief while looking at it.



















So this Table of Contents isn't quite as simple.
This a really interesting way to design an index.
I looked at this and instantly felt intrigued by the
varying sizes of numbers on the right side. It is
chaotic, yet eligible. As a designer, that is a
tough combination to master. A chaotic, yet
eligible and appealing design? Please pinch me
if I ever design something similar to this.




























I'm turning in my project Thursday. So I will post pictures of the final box very soon.
Until then, here's this for a nice laugh:






















LOLOLOL. Good stuff. My fellow graphic designers/typographers will understand this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Happy Tuesday//

No comments:

Post a Comment