Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spring Break Happenings

Greetings!


Over spring break I had a few design opportunities! There were small and not a big deal at all, but hey, I'll still take some experience.

A friend of mine texted me and asked me to design wedding shower invitations for her. She told me to make them teal and gray with a chevron pattern so here's the two designs I came up with:

























She ended up choosing the first option. I like both of the designs, but the second was my favorite. I was surprised she picked the first design.

My mom works in the lab at the hospital, and she's in charge of what they call "lab week." It's basically a spirit week for the lab workers where they get food and games all week. SIGN ME UP THAT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN. Is there such thing as graphic design week in the real world? Where I get cookies and play games? I'M SO IN. Anyways, my mom wanted me to design a card to put in some goody bags she is making. She told me to make the background blue and to have stars somewhere on the card.
























If I was to design the card however I wanted, I would have done things a bit differently, but this is what my mom wanted. So if she's happy with it, then I am too.

Lately, I've been having many small graphic opportunities here and there, and I cannot be more thankful for that. Networking is key. I have definitely learned that already. I plan on posting all of these small projects so you can see everything I am working on at the moment.

Happy Wednesday!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

No comments:

Post a Comment