Monday, March 3, 2014

Box Progression

Hola!

Welp, it's March. Let me repeat. IT. IS. MARCH. Whhhhhhhaaaatttt happened to January? Did February even happen? Nope. Okay. Moving on.

So I've been working in the wood shop on my box for about a week now. I've been making a lot of progress in a short amount of time. I didn't realize this project would fly by so fast! Here are some pictures of my progression:






















Before cutting out the overall shape, I made some relief cuts.





















Yay! The overall shape! I was super scared I wouldn't cut it out nicely.




















Sawing off the lid...





















After sawing off the faces, sides, and top/bottom, I began to glue part of the box together.





While some things were getting glued, I sketched out the silhouette of the pointe shoe ribbon on the front piece.


BAM after using the scroll saw, I sawed out the silhouette! The scroll saw is no fun. I'm not friends with the scroll saw. I tried to be friends with it, and it denied. BUT that's okay because the silhouette turned out to look okay. STILL BITTER TOWARDS THE SCROLL SAW THOUGH. STILL BITTER.

All that I have left is glueing and sanding HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LAWD. Hopefully those two things don't take an extensive amount of time. I'm anxious to get everything done!

Aside from the snow (boo winter you suck), I hope you all have had a fantabulous weekend.
Peace an blessins y'all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment