Monday, December 16, 2013

Motivation

Hello!

Welp, here I am on the Monday night of finals week. I'm actually feeling pretty confident about my finals. Am I normal? It feels like I'm the only one feeling that way. Regardless, I am definitely ready to fly through this week and get to break.

I went home this weekend to watch The Nutcracker performed by Ballet Wichita. I performed in the show for six years, and this was my first year not performing. I loved going and watching all of my friends perform; however, I couldn't help but feel sad about not being on stage with them. I definitely miss dancing and performing like I used to. It was such a lifestyle for me: wake up, go to school, go to dance team practice, go to studio dance, go to nutcracker rehearsal, and then get homework done. I dedicated the majority of my time to dancing because I loved it, and I still do. But I know that life goes on, and I can't dance forever. So taking a few classes will have to do for now.

Anyways last year for nutcracker, I was a part of "Ballet Wichita's Dancer Council" along with three other high school seniors in the production. Our mission was to be a bridge of communication between Ballet Wichita dancers and the Ballet Wichita board members. We also aimed to take leadership in opening up opportunities for all Ballet Wichita dancers such as membership in national organizations, community service, publicity and marketing, and fundraising. I acted as the designer of the team. I designed flyers, logos, etc.


As I was flipping through the production's playbill, I ran across one of my designs! The logo for the Ballet Wichita Dancer Council was used in this year's program (it was last year too)! It's awesome knowing that they will use this logo for all of the dancer councils in Ballet Wichita's future. I actually had no idea they would use it again, I thought it was just for my year on the dancer council. It'll be used for many years, which is super exciting! Hundreds and hundreds of people were flipping through the program, and it's definitely encouraging to know so many people saw my logo.  In fact, my mom said "Amy, you could technically make them pay you for using your logo! It's yours." WOAH MOM YOU'RE RIGHT. I'm not interested in the money, but that does make me sound like a real life GRAPHIC DESIGNER. OH SNAP!Here it is:


I still can't get over the fact that they're using it. In a way, it's like I left a legacy behind. A legacy and tradition that will be continued for years. What an achievement.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Make a promise to yourself that you will choose to focus on your accomplishments rather than your failures."




No comments:

Post a Comment