Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Journal Entry: Found stuff #2

Lately, I've been feeling inspiring by big letterforms that are cropped in some way such as the following:

First of all, I was immediately drawn into this image because of the huge
text. I then started to notice the cropping. I love how my eye completes what
the designer has cropped off. It's still eligible, just more interesting this way. 





















If the business card didn't crop off the
text a little bit, I don't think I would've
been as drawn to it as I was. It forces
me to make sense of what's there and
what is not.





Cropping doesn' t necessarily mean cut off
letters to the end of the page. This example
shows a different way to crop, which I also
enjoy. It feels as though the lines are
revealing a secret, and the A is just peeping
out beyond them. It wouldn't be nearly as
intriguing if there was just a big A, not
cropped at all, in the middle of the page. 



No comments:

Post a Comment